1. Principal’s Message 校長からのメッセージ
Dear HIS Families
I hope you enjoyed the week. We were very proud of our HIS student tour-guides who showed visiting families around our school during the Open Campus on Wednesday. We received many comments on how confidently they presented and the level of detail that they were able to provide during the tour, providing a unique perspective into school life at HIS. Click here for the Life at HIS blog post – it’s about ‘reading’. Enjoy your weekend.
Damian Rentoule (Principal)
2. The Crane Video
3. Festive Eve フェスティブ イヴ
- Friday December 16.
- Doors open at 16:30 for a 17:00 start.
- Parking available on the field.
- EC, K/G1 are not performing.
- Parents and students are welcome to be part of the audience. Students will be seated with their parents.
- Parents are responsible for their children during the performance this year. Please help us out with this.
- Grades 2, 3, 4, and 5 will be seated in the choir area during the performance.
- We recommend that EC and K/G1 students go home on the regular school bus at 15:20.
- Supervision will be available for students to play on the field.
- The PTA is organizing pizza for an afternoon snack.
We have some Emergency Food Kits at school that we prepare in case of a lengthy evacuation. Each kit has a bottle of water and a snack. These are stored in the shed on the playground for easy access. We need to replace these kits each year as expiry dates approach. From next week, we would like to ask all families to send, in a zip lock bag:
- one small bottle of water
- a snack (muesli/granola bar etc)
Please write your child’s name on the bag. Homeroom teachers will collect these during the week. This is one snack that we hope we never need to eat, but it is good to be prepared. We will send your packs home at the start of the summer holiday, so please ensure that expiry dates are after the summer holiday begins.We have also purchased a set of thermal blankets (the silver emergency blankets) in case we need to evacuate in cold, wet weather. We will keep these together with the snacks.
(This is for the comfort of your child rather than their safety. We will store the kits that we have received next week and return them to you at the end of the year.)
a.Pizza before Festive Eve (16 December 2016) – フェスティブイブの前にピザを提供します(１２月1６日）
To fill the gap between lunch and the Festive Eve performance, the PTA will be selling pre-ordered Costco pizza. Pizza order forms will be sent home with students soon. Please fill in the form and return to the HIS Office with exact change.１２月１６日のフェスティブイブの日、午後のスナックタイムにピザを提供します。 申込シートは後日、担任の先生から生徒にお渡しします。ご希望の方はぴったりの金額を封筒などに入れて、期日までに申込書を提出お願いします。
b．Survey on recent PTA Events – アンケート記入依頼
In order to improve our events next year, we invite parents and guardians to give us feedback on the Halloween Dance / Parade and Bonfire Night. Kindly take a few minutes to write some comments, using the form below. 来年度以降のため、今年のハロウィンとボンファイアの感想をお尋ねしたいと思います。 参加されたお子さんに聞いて添付のアンケートに記入お願いします。 保護者の方の意見もあればお願いします。
c． Donations – ドーネーションについてWe know that many parents are too busy to volunteer for PTA activities. However, you can help in other ways! We are looking for donations of the following items leading up to Christmas.
- Cleaning products for the HIS kitchen
- Coffee, tea and other products for use by teachers and parents visiting the school
- Christmas gifts for teachers (edible but long-lasting, such as packed cookies or chocolates)
Please use the following form to indicate where you can contribute. Any donation will be much appreciated!
ＰＴＡのイベントなどのお手伝いをしたいけどなかなかできない方、ドーネーションという方法でご協力できることもあります！今回、３種類のドーネーションを募ります。自宅にあるものでも未使用なら構いません。食品に関しては保管状態が良く、賞味期限が長いものでお願いします。 ◎学校のキッチンで使用する備品 ◎先生方や保護者等が利用するコーヒーなど ◎先生方へのクリスマスギフト
d．Next PTA Meeting (Wednesday 30 November) – 次回のPTAミーティング (１１月３０日）
The next PTA meeting will be held on Wednesday November 30, from 9 to 11 at the Peace Café in Kami-Hachobori. We will discuss next year’s activities, particularly the International Festival. 次回のPTAミーティングは１１月３０日（水）９時から１１時予定. 場所は上八丁堀のピースカフェにて. 議題：来年度のイベントについて（特にインターナショナルフェスティバル）宜しくお願いします。
6. Community Events イベント (Click on link)
- Hiroshima Shogyo Kouto High School – Commerce Fair 10/11 December, 2016
- Snowball Fight – 22nd of January, 2017
- Presentation by UN High Commissioner for Refugees – 27 November, 2016
- Presentation by Prof. Kajita, the winner of Nobel Prize for physics – 29th November, 2016
- Career Seminars for Students – 19th November, 2016
7. Japanese Translation Video (one last item below)
8. HIS Promotional Materials
- The Photography Club is collecting photographs to use for promotional material for HIS (like the school website). This is open to everyone from the whole school community.
- If you would like to help, save your photos to the Promotional Photos folder on the Google Drive.
- There’s a maximum of 10 photos per person.
- The photos can be of any aspect of HIS. Some examples include Academic – children studying or learning, Sports, Clubs, Friends, Teachers, the school building, etc. You can see some examples in the folder.
- Please contact anyone in the Photography Club or Mr. Rentoule if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing your photos!
By The Photography Club