ミッション Our mission
Hiroshima International School will engender in students a will to achieve excellence, demonstrate integrity, and behave in socially and environmentally responsible ways within an environment that fosters a love and understanding of learning, sensitivity to other cultures, and a lifelong commitment to world peace and the sustainability of humankind and our planet.
広島インターナショナルスクールは、学びへの情熱、異文化への感受性、そして世界平和と地球環境への 献身 をはぐくむ場となります。このような場において私達は、生徒達の内面に、卓越、誠実、責任ある行動への志を涵養します。
ビジョン Our vision
To ensure that our students are prepared for life-long learning and outstanding citizenship anywhere in the world.
- To provide a world-class education through effective and innovative teaching based on the principles and objectives of the International Baccalaureate.
- To provide our students with essential skills, knowledge, understanding, attitudes and techniques and with opportunities to apply them.
- To provide a safe, supportive and positive learning environment that meets the social, emotional, intellectual, physical and spiritual needs of each student.
- To provide opportunities for students to work both independently and collaboratively with the goal of helping them to learn to solve problems, meet challenges and develop a respect for the aspirations and perspectives of others.
- To provide a truly international education that prepares children to play a full and active role as global citizens and leaders.
- To provide opportunities for students both to develop a strong sense of their self-identity and to be able to express this.
- To engage integrally in the opportunities for learning afforded by the cultural and linguistic diversity of our location and community.
- To provide opportunities for students to foster a commitment to world peace based on a spirit of mutual understanding and cultural respect.
- To provide an educational program where English is used as the main language of instruction and mother tongues are valued and supported.
- To recruit and retain faculty and staff of the highest quality and to encourage their continued professional development.
- To foster a sense of community among the students, parents, faculty, administration and Board, based on open communication, mutual respect, cooperation and concern.
- To act as a model school for others that share our ideals and beliefs.
Adopted: September 18, 2012