Wednesday, 22nd May
- last day of IB diploma exams
Friday, 24th May
- last day of IGCSE exams
Friday, 24th May
– Spring Concert
Saturday, 25th May
– Grade 12 Graduation
Wednesday, 29th May
- Sports Day at Hiroshima Stadium
Tuesday, 4th June
– PYP Student-led Conferences
Secondary School Curriculum
Hiroshima International School offers a full Middle and High School programme for students aged 11-18 in Grades 6-12.
The middle school curriculum in Grades 6-8 builds upon the International Baccalaureate Primary Years programme (IBPYP), and introduces the academic rigour needed for the examination courses in the high school Grades.
Students in Grades 9-10 study for the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE), which is an externally examined course providing excellent preparation for the IB Diploma.
Students in Grades 11-12 follow the curriculum of the International Baccalaureate Diploma, which is a university preparation programme recognized by the best universities around the world. Students are also entered for SATs and, where necessary, for the TOEFL. Our graduating students have been accepted by universities in Japan, the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, Korea, Estonia and Canada.
In keeping with the school's mission, the curriculum offered does not align with any particular national system, rather it provides a comprehensive international curriculum which reflects our multinational student body, and thus aims to meet all of our students' needs.
- Middle School Curriculum Guide (Grades 6-8)
- IGCSE Curriculum Guide (Grades 9-10)
- IGCSE Curriculum and Examinations Overview
- IB Diploma Curriculum Guide (Grade 11)
- IB DIploma Curriculum Guide (Grade 12)
- IB Diploma Programme Regulations
- HIS IB Diploma Assessment Policy
- IB Diploma Academic Honesty
- HIS Language Policy