- Staff changes for 2020/2021;
- HIS Idol;
- HIS Festival;
- Grade 12 Parent-Teacher-Student Conferences;
- ITEPS Interns;
- PTA Treasurer’s Report.
Dear HIS Community
We are nearly in February so the year is moving fast, as it generally does when we are adults. A year seemed like such a long time when we were children. Thank you to all of the parents who came in to help with the initial planning for the HIS Festival as well as the range of other PTA activities that have been going on this year. We really appreciate your involvement in school life at HIS and this makes a big impact on your child when they see that you are a part of their school life, in whatever form that takes. Thank you.
This TED Talk is about the brain and being multilingual so it is relevant to us all. Enjoy the weekend.
Staff Changes for 2020/2021
At this time of year, we look at staffing for the following year and I have the following news:
- Kathryne Imabayashi, PYP Coordinator, and Primary Vice Principal will retire at the end of this year to start some new adventures.
- Marisa Villarreal will take over from Kathryne to be the PYP Coordinator and Primary Vice-Principal in 2020/2021. Congratulations. A new teacher will be coming to take KG/1 in 2020/2021.
- Nina Sylvestre has some great news with a baby expected at the end of this school year. Congratulations. Nina will be on maternity leave from the end of the year. A new teacher will be coming in to take Gr2/3 in 2020/2021.
- Guy Dormer will be moving to a new post next year so a new teacher will be coming to take Gr4/5 in 2020/2021.
- Annie Levasseur and Justin Lancon will also be moving to new posts next year so new teachers will be coming for the MYP Design as well as MYP Individuals & Societies, and DP Global Politics in 2020/2021.
I would like to thank everyone who is moving on to new adventures for all the great work they have done here at HIS. I will let you know as we confirm our incoming teachers as we get ready to welcome some new teachers into our school community.
International House Hall and Kitchen Friday, March 20th from 3 pm to 9 pm for the finale. We will be commencing the sign-up next week and some information will be provided to all of the students on Monday. We are all looking forward to another great night of entertainment.
Thank you to all of the parents who came in to start the planning for the HIS Festival. Keep an eye out for more information to come.
HIS PTA TReasurer’s Report
As you may have guessed from the heading, here is the PTA Treasurer’s Report – HIS PTA Treasurer’s report – 2019-20. Thank you, Sayaka.
Grade 12 Parent-Teacher-Student Conferences
- Thursday 6 February 3:45-5:30
Grade 12 conferences for the second semester will be held on Thursday, 6 February 2020 from 3:45 pm to 5:30 pm. This conference date is only for Grade 12 students and parents so that any academic issues can be addressed at the beginning of the final semester.
Conferences with each teacher will be limited to 10 minutes. If you would like more time to discuss your child’s progress in a specific course, please contact your child’s teacher to work out these details. If you cannot make it this time but would like to speak to specific teachers, please contact individual teachers or Ms. Annie to schedule an alternate appointment.
We are looking forward to seeing all the Grade 12 families this coming Thursday!
International Teacher Education for Primary Schools (ITEPS) Interns
Once again, we have three university students studying primary education coming to HIS as interns. You can see some information about our visitors here: ITEPS interns