The Middle Years Programme curriculum in Grades 6-10 builds upon the PYP and introduces the academic rigour needed for the examination courses in the high school grades. The MYP is an inquiry-based program for students in grades 6-10. The knowledge, skills and attitudes acquired in the MYP provide a foundation for students to be successful in the IB Diploma Programme in grades 11-12.
In keeping with the school’s mission, the curriculum does not align with any particular national system, rather it provides a comprehensive international curriculum which reflects our multinational student body, and thus aims to meet all of our students’ needs.
- Grade 6 Subject Overview
- Grades 7&8 Subject Overview
- Grades 9&10 Subject Overview
- Subject Overview – by subject (same content as above)
- MYP Introduction for HIS Parents
- Presentation – Inquiry in the MYP
- Presentation – Assessment in the MYP
- Personal project – Introduction for Parents
- Secondary Program Parent Information Pack: Additional documents specific to the secondary program related to textbooks. assessment, academic honesty and homework